WHAT YOU NEED
USO Bike Ride is made up of novice cyclists, road cyclists, Commutacators, Mountainbikers and pathway cyclists. For all forms of cycling here are some compulsory requirements as set by NZTA
- The law requires you to wear a helmet when riding a bicycle (this includes any passengers you are carrying).
- A red or yellow rear reflector that is visible from a distance of 200 metres when light shines on it.
- Good brakes on the front and back wheels (or, if the cycle was made before 1 January 1988, a good brake on the back wheel).
- When cycling at night or when visibility is poor, cycles must have the following:
- One or more steady or flashing rear-facing red lights that can be seen at night from a distance of 200 metres
- One or two white or yellow headlights that can be seen at night from a distance of 200 metres. Only one of these headlights may flash.
- Pedal retroreflectors on the forward and rear-ward facing surfaces of each pedal. If the cycle does not have these the cyclist must be wearing reflective material.
ROAD RIDER? 15km rides and longer?
LIGHTS FOR NIGHT-LOW LIGHT-FOG
COMMUTACATOR-Ride to work?